Travelling with the Guitar

I've been called a groupie, a roadie, a coolie... but all I really am is wife to my guitar-playing husband who travels some. I get to tag along, to take me away from the monotony of obsessive house cleaning. Here, I log our adventures with food, airlines, hotels, food, organisers, fans, food, people, books I read. Did I say 'food' already? Well, someone's got to tell people what life's like on the road, right?

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

August 19, 2006 - Yamaha L-series workshop and promo
Today, Roger conducts a workshop at KL Plaza's Yamaha store. There was a father and two sons there. According to Yamaha staff, they've been there since 1:30pm. The 3pm workshop, unfortunately, started at 3:20pm so technically, they'd been waiting for almost two hours! Poor souls. But they got to take pictures and talk to Roger at the end of the day so I hope it was a worthy wait for them. See the picture below? They're the ones in the front row.

By 3:40pm, the store is packed with people and more are still strolling in. Rog notes that there's a larger variety of people attending the workshops nowadays. It used to attract just finger-style enthusiasts but now, he sees electric-guitar players too. Maybe they want to learn new techniques? Either way, he's always happy to share.

For dinner, Yamaha's Ravin and Jackie bring us to ... oh dear, what's the name of that Indian restaurant near KL Plaza? Spice something....? We had Northern Indian and once again, I was bursting at the seams after dinner. I lurvvvvvve garlic naan. Wasn't crazy about that candy bits they gave in the end, tasted like licorice.