Travelling with the Guitar

I've been called a groupie, a roadie, a coolie... but all I really am is wife to my guitar-playing husband who travels some. I get to tag along, to take me away from the monotony of obsessive house cleaning. Here, I log our adventures with food, airlines, hotels, food, organisers, fans, food, people, books I read. Did I say 'food' already? Well, someone's got to tell people what life's like on the road, right?

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

August 13 - 15, 2006
The next seven days are going to be pretty rough. First, we have the 3rd Johor Arts Festival. Then, we'll leave Johor for KL where we start the first lag of the Yamaha workshops and promo tour. After KL, we'll head up north to Penang, then down to KL and finally, in Johor again.

We knew it would be pretty gruesome so we had a pre-tour holiday. We took the bus shuttle from Johor's Senai Airport (nice airport, by the way) and that brought us to the Kotaraya Bus Terminal where we caught a cab that brought us all the way to our hotel in Singapore. Cost us about S$35. See Roger looking out of the bus window?This trip to Singapore favoured Roger a lot. Since I was there just a month ago and I had eaten and seen most everything I had wanted then, we went to lots of music stores this time. And to Sim Lim Square. The best thing about this trip (besides meeting old friends) was the Yamaha Magic Stomp Acoustic.

It's not available for sale here in Malaysia yet and we actually had to hunt down this unit here in Singapore (going from shopping mall to shopping mall) because it was the last one left on the island. The last unit left in this entire Asean region. Kid you not! But long story short, we got it! And Roger's pretty darn happy with this latest toy. It's times like these that you can stick him in the room for hours on end because he'll be totally engrossed with his new toy.