Travelling with the Guitar

I've been called a groupie, a roadie, a coolie... but all I really am is wife to my guitar-playing husband who travels some. I get to tag along, to take me away from the monotony of obsessive house cleaning. Here, I log our adventures with food, airlines, hotels, food, organisers, fans, food, people, books I read. Did I say 'food' already? Well, someone's got to tell people what life's like on the road, right?

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Day Two - July 27
In the morning, we sleep in.

In the afternoon, Roger goes off to Farid's place where they work on their upcoming album. I step into KLCC for the first time this month. I stay there and wait for Roger to meet me here for dinner. I window-shop but my legs grow weary and window displays got boring.

I try to think of something to do that's (1) cheap, (2) lets my legs rest, (3) doesn't involve much brain-work. I buy a ticket and watch "The Lake House".

All by myself! RM8 well-spent, I say. I got the rest I needed, the seat was comfortable enough. As an added bonus, the movie ended just as Roger boarded the train bound for KLCC. Perfect timing. (The movie, by the way, was OK. Surreal but I guess that's why it's romantic. Keanu Reeves.....sigh........)

Tonight, Llew Marsh (are you absolutely sure this is how I spell his name, sayang?) joins Roger and Mia onstage. The man has fingers that dance across the ivories. Sweet. (Photo courtesy of alldatjazz.com, by the way. Thanks, Brian!)

I stand at the back of Flo, watching Roger. Oh, no. Watching the show, I mean. Watching the shooooow. The crowd makes him sing again. They made him sing last night and he obliged. Looks like he's going to do it again tonight. Sucker! But everyone loves "Would You Like to Play the Guitar or Would You Rather Get a Job" song.

I'd like to clarify once and for all: the song suggests that a guitar player's wife is either a saint or she's nuts. I'm the latter. In fact, I'm the Mother of all guitar players' crazy wives. I quit my job!