Travelling with the Guitar

I've been called a groupie, a roadie, a coolie... but all I really am is wife to my guitar-playing husband who travels some. I get to tag along, to take me away from the monotony of obsessive house cleaning. Here, I log our adventures with food, airlines, hotels, food, organisers, fans, food, people, books I read. Did I say 'food' already? Well, someone's got to tell people what life's like on the road, right?

Friday, July 14, 2006

April 30, 2006 - Day Eight
Today, they were performing at Chi Mei Corporation in Tainan.

This corporation is ... massive. In point form (to stop me from gushing!), Tainan Corporation:
* is the world's largest maker of ABS resin, stuff used to make everything from golf club heads to Lego, from automotive body parts to kitchen utensils!
* world's biggest producer of large screen LCD TV screens,
* founder Wen Long Shi is listed as the 342nd richest man in the world,
* company owns a museum that showcases many things and owns not one nor measly two original pieces of artwork but ... so many, many, many, (The owner is an art enthusiast)
* I may be wrong but I think Wen also owns a Stradivarious violin because he's a mean violinist too.

Anyway, the corporation hired the boys to perform for their staff only that afternoon. The management were kind enough to give us a guided tour of the museum. I was so awe-struck, I must admit, I couldn't remember much of the details the chap was giving us. So overwhelming!

See the boys backstage (right). This place has very nice concert facilities too.