Travelling with the Guitar

I've been called a groupie, a roadie, a coolie... but all I really am is wife to my guitar-playing husband who travels some. I get to tag along, to take me away from the monotony of obsessive house cleaning. Here, I log our adventures with food, airlines, hotels, food, organisers, fans, food, people, books I read. Did I say 'food' already? Well, someone's got to tell people what life's like on the road, right?

Thursday, July 13, 2006

April 24, 2006 - Day Two
A quick stopover at Huang's store first before we bagan the three-and-a-half-hour drive from Taipei down to Changhua.

There were five of us in the van: me, Mr. X, Huang, Jacques Stotzem (Belgian guitarist) and his wife, Gaby.

Now, it wasn't as bad as this picture (left) depicts. All five passengers in the van were seated comfortably. I can't say the same about the luggage though.

There were, in the back of the van: two speakers, two speaker stands, one mixer, cables, mike stands, boxes of CDs, DVDs and posters, my two big luggage (the girl - and her husband - needs stuff for a comfortable ten-day trip, OK?), Gaby's two much smaller bags and Huang's tiny bag. I almost felt bad. But really didn't.

Venue: Changhua University
Once at the university, set-up in the hall was quick and efficient because everyone knew what they were supposed to do. My job was to sit and read a book. And find out where the toilet was.

Spacious hall. Taiwan has very good educational facilities, we found out later.