Travelling with the Guitar

I've been called a groupie, a roadie, a coolie... but all I really am is wife to my guitar-playing husband who travels some. I get to tag along, to take me away from the monotony of obsessive house cleaning. Here, I log our adventures with food, airlines, hotels, food, organisers, fans, food, people, books I read. Did I say 'food' already? Well, someone's got to tell people what life's like on the road, right?

Thursday, July 13, 2006

April 23, 2006 - Day 1
So, we finally arrived at Taipei's Chiang Kai-Shek airport. It's 10:45pm. Short flight, took just three hours and twenty minutes by air from home, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia. Direct flight. Nice. Food on board, could be nicer.

We meet the organiser, Huang Chia Wei, and the rest of the team, who were having dinner. Then, off to the hotel. Our first night in Taiwan.

My sharp eye lets no detail off, say to Mr. X: Not that cold in Taiwan, huh? Maybe we shouldn't have brought our winter wear, huh?

End of day.