Travelling with the Guitar

I've been called a groupie, a roadie, a coolie... but all I really am is wife to my guitar-playing husband who travels some. I get to tag along, to take me away from the monotony of obsessive house cleaning. Here, I log our adventures with food, airlines, hotels, food, organisers, fans, food, people, books I read. Did I say 'food' already? Well, someone's got to tell people what life's like on the road, right?

Thursday, July 13, 2006


April 26, 2006 - Day Four
I was quite disappointed. We tried the famous smelly tofu. My first. It wasn't smelly. As a matter of fact, it smelt like garlic (accompanying sauce) and I lurve garlic. Mr. X, though, thought it lived up to its name and stopped after the initial tiny bite.

Jacques and Gaby finally relented and tried the smelly tofu, after Huang's tireless 5-year persuasion. After the apprehensive first bite (right), they decided it's not so bad after all. They had more than Mr. X. Huang and I enjoyed every last bite.

Today, they performed at Tainan University. Nice place. Best turnout so far. You got to love the kid in orange shorts!