Travelling with the Guitar

I've been called a groupie, a roadie, a coolie... but all I really am is wife to my guitar-playing husband who travels some. I get to tag along, to take me away from the monotony of obsessive house cleaning. Here, I log our adventures with food, airlines, hotels, food, organisers, fans, food, people, books I read. Did I say 'food' already? Well, someone's got to tell people what life's like on the road, right?

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Boo-Boo #2: Lost CDs
Our last morning in Penang. I go to the secretariat who is in charge of selling Roger's CDs, it is time to settle accounts with them. To collect cash for what's sold during the festival and get back unsold CDs because the festival's ended.

They give me a list of sold and unsold CDs, hands me corresponding cash. Wow, I think, that's bloody efficient! Every performer is checking out today and they've got everything ready for us already. I'm super impressed.

I check the CDs, check the cash and write them a receipt. I'm efficient too, I brought my receipt book. I even brought a bag to pack all unsold CDs into. Yay, me, I'm smug. I wheel the bag up to our room.

Last minute, some guy calls Rog and orders a few more CDs. Among his orders were two of Roger's Platinum album. Roger looks in the bag for them. No Platinum CDs in here, he says. I let out a huge sigh, I tell Roger, if I find them, you die. So I squat down in front of the bag and start looking for it. No luck. I'm sheepish.

Oh no! Roger panics. Did she leave them accidentally at the secretariat, he wonders? Will someone steal them? Or accidentally take them because a lot of people are at the secretariat that morning. But I'm adamant and I insist, I had all CDs in the box put in our bag, including the Platinum series.

After a few minutes of trying to figure out where the missing CDs are, Roger gives up and goes down to the lobby to meet the guy who ordered the CDs. The chap is waiting downstairs. Ten seconds after he leaves the room, I decide to check the list of CDs sold. I call him on his cell and whisper, "The CDs aren't missing. They were all sold during the festival."

Now, if Roger is thinking, "Boy, that freaked me out bad" then, little does he know, the worst is yet to come... Remember, folks, all good / bad things come in three.

Labels: