Travelling with the Guitar

I've been called a groupie, a roadie, a coolie... but all I really am is wife to my guitar-playing husband who travels some. I get to tag along, to take me away from the monotony of obsessive house cleaning. Here, I log our adventures with food, airlines, hotels, food, organisers, fans, food, people, books I read. Did I say 'food' already? Well, someone's got to tell people what life's like on the road, right?

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Waiting for daddy
I've had to change the dynamics of this blog because let's face it, I can't go to all the concerts with Roger anymore. Not when some of them end past midnight. So I can't write about being his roadie anymore, I'm more like the 2-yr-old's roadie.

Traveling with a guitar is easier than with a kid. A lot less luggage. A few times, we had to bring along the slow cooker and make Sara's meals in hotel rooms. Now that she can eat out with us, we've got a little more freedom but then again, she's fussy about her food.

But traveling with a guitar and a kid is definitely do-able. Next trip, Singapore and KL in October. (picture: Sara sitting on the amp, waiting for daddy to come around with the car. After gig at a Junior Chamber's dinner)