Travelling with the Guitar

I've been called a groupie, a roadie, a coolie... but all I really am is wife to my guitar-playing husband who travels some. I get to tag along, to take me away from the monotony of obsessive house cleaning. Here, I log our adventures with food, airlines, hotels, food, organisers, fans, food, people, books I read. Did I say 'food' already? Well, someone's got to tell people what life's like on the road, right?

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History In The Making

In less than an hour, an African American man will be sworn in as President of the United States of America. I didn't think I'd live to see this. Or at least I thought I'd be a lot older. Like when I'm in my 70s or so. It feels strange, unreal. No doubt, it's a wonderful thing though. This change.

I just wonder what is in store for my little girl. What kind of world will Sara grow up in? What about Malaysia? What kind of Malaysia will Sara grow up in?

Ah, the future. People always ask Roger, when are you going to teach her the guitar? He always answers, I'll let her learn in her own time. Wise man, that. With a father like that, Sara's probably going to make it alright.

(21-month-old Sara at home. See? She still looks a lot like daddy, right?)